12.1.06

Family does not endorse book


**This morning on three different sites, I received the same comment, which I cannot personally validate but which I will re-post for prominence. The comment concerns the new biography of Bobby Sands entitled Nothing But an Unfinished Song, and reads as follows:

In response to an article headlined 'New Book is First Study of Bobby Sands', which appeared in a recent edition of the Andersonstown News, I wish to put the record straight.

According to the article, the author of the book, Denis O'Hearn, "thanks the hunger striker's sister Marcella for her help with the book." This suggests that I had "helped" or participated in some way in the compilation of this book and, therefore, endorsed it. This is misleading and untrue.

I wish to state categorically that neither I, nor any of my family, helped Mr O'Hearn with his book in any way, nor does my family endorse the book. Indeed, the opposite would be the case as his book contains numerous factual inaccuracies.

MARCELLA SANDS



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?